Hello all!
So.. it's finally happening. I'm going to France. It brings a mixture of emotions- I'm so excited but don't think I'll be able to understand the reality of it until I get off my plane in Paris. AHH!
I plan on writing a blog while I'm on my trip, including pictures and lots of fun stuff about my adventures. I'm writing for the Central College (the school I'm traveling with) website, so most of my posts can be seen there, but I'm going to include them on this site as well. The site is: http://blogs.central.edu/abroad/
For the first week (until the 31) I will be in Tours, France- a city about an hour southwest of Paris, with a host family. The address and info is below, but my real mailing address will be at the Foyers Vigie in Paris (also below). I'm living on the Ile de France (right in the center of Paris, across from Notre Dame!) in an international student foyer for women. I probably get a roommate, but I haven't met her yet!
I will also be using Skype to call or contact anyone, so if you have it, add me! (Merion Read) If you need to email me, use my gmail (mread7@gmail.com) instead of my school mail.
Address in Tours (1.18-1.31)- only for emergencies!
33 rue Jean-Jacques Noirmant
37000 Tours
Paris address (2.1-5.29!)
Foyers La Vigie
7 Rue Poulletier
75004 Paris, France
The next time I write, I'll be in France!
Au revoir!
Merion
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

bonne chance!
ReplyDeletei know you will have the time of your life. don't miss us too much. i will be painting trees and keeping them by my bed so as to think of you.
I'm adding you on skype and to my gReader. Also, I have a friend in Tours right now who would probably be happy to meet you. He's been there for 6 months and is studying until the end of May as well I think. He's a wonderful, adorable, incredibly witty, sharp and dashing young gay man. Haha. Let me know if you want his contact information.
I love you Merion! I'm so excited for you!
Bisous,
Jessica (Glickmannnnnnnnnnnnn)
You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS! (AND TREES!)
So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, (OR MERION!)
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!