WE GET A NEW PRESIDENT TODAY!
Our whole group is planning on going out to dinner to watch it, I think it's at five our time. Yay!
Classes started today! I had my first three this morning, from 9-12, the first being a Phonetics class in the language lab, the second an oral speaking/presentation class, and the third was a "Civilisation" lecture class where the professor talked about French social classes in the last fifty years, unemployment, ect. I'm on break right now- this afternoon I have another language/grammar class and then my Orientation class which I'm taking with the entire group from Central College. I really like the kids in the group- everyone seems to be in the same boat, although there are two students who haven't had any French at all! I have no idea what they're going through- everyone speaks French here. Period. L'Institut de Touraine is for international students only, but everyone still comes from different countries so if you don't know where someone is from, it's natural to speak French. Weird!
My host mom is an excellent chef! (Of course, not as good as you, Momma ;] ) Every morning she sets out la confiture (jam) and bread, along with yogury, cereal and a pot of coffee and juice. For dinner, we always have an appetizer, main course and then finish with my choice of cheese from the cheese board and some fruit. Last night's hors d'oeuvre was mangoes chopped up in a coconut cream sauce with spices... something I've never tasted but so delicious!
On Sunday, there are two more students from Italy coming to stay... I'm curious to see how four girls will fare in a small house with one bathroom! Oh well, the more the merrier. I also wonder how their French/English is... will there be any communication at all? :) Always an adventure.
I have an oral presentation to do next week on how to spend a weekend in New York... should be interesting! I'll be putting up pictures soon although I really haven't taken many yet. Au revoir!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment